What Is It?
A Digestate Dryer connects to an Anaerobic Digester using CHP technology to dry the waste product at the end of the digestion process. It will produce a dry pellet which is a more concentrated fertiliser. It utilities the surplus heat from the CHP, benefits from RHI and reduces transport costs and improves transportability’s the end result is much smaller in volume.
1) Will produce between 5% and 10% return of pellets on original fuel tonnage.
2) Will improve RHI figures in lieu with what’s available e.g. 2,000,000 kWth returns 2,000,000 kWth RHI (Typically on less than 600 kWth output) £119,800*
3) Will reduce Digestate by 95%
4) Makes land available as minimal storage
5) Will make Digestate more manageable as a solid rather than a slurry.
6) Will make the new Digestate a pellet complying with PAS100 and a usable product.
7) Will purchase the pellets at a rate of between £20-£25 per tonne
8) Product is odour less
9) Typical ROI 36 months based on full sale of pellets (higher value if used internally)
10) UK manufacture and warranties
11) Fully fundable.
Therefore typical return on 350 kW CHP with no RHI claim existing